TheGraph Data Indexing
POA Network is supported by TheGraph, a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying chain data. With TheGraph, data defined through subgraphs is easy to query and explore. Subgraphs can be created locally, or use a free hosted explorer for indexing and data display.
2) Go to your dashboard and click Add Subgraph. Define the subgraph Name, Account, and Subtitle and update the image and other info (you can update later) if desired.
3) Install Graph CLI on your machine (using either npm or yarn)
$ npm install -g @graphprotocol/graph-cli
$ yarn global add @graphprotocol/graph-cli
4) Make a directory (or choose an existing one) and scaffold the project:
5) Enter your subgraph details at the prompts:
- Subgraph name: <github_username>/<graph-name> Chose the subgraph name created in step 2 as lowercase-hypenated
- Directory to create: Choose a directory name
- Ethereum Network: Select poa-core
6) Authenticate with the hosted service
graph auth https://api.thegraph.com/deploy/ <your-access-token>
7) Cd to the directory you created and start defining the subgraph. Information on creating a subgraph is available in the Graph Docs.
8) When you are ready, deploy your subgraph. You can always test and redeploy as needed.