POA Token Supply

POA emission schedule and current supply

Current Total Supply

Currently, 2 POA tokens are added per block. Each block is generated with an average time of 5 seconds, resulting in 6,307,200 blocks per year and an additional 12,614,400 POA tokens added to the total token supply per year.

Check the endpoint below for the up-to-date supply. Current circulating supply is also available at CoinMarketCap.

Current Total Supply: https://blockscout.com/poa/core/api?module=stats&action=coinsupply This API endpoint displays the total supply as a numerical value. Total supply is the current number of coins in existence (burned coins are not included).

How Supply is Derived

At the onset of the network, the initial supply was 252,460,800 POA and 1 POA was created per block. Since November 2018 (Block 5329160), the POA emission fund was activated and an additional 1 token created per block.

  • For every block, 1 new POA token is created and distributed to the validator responsible for sealing that block.

  • Starting at block 5329160, an additional 1 POA token is created per block. Initially this amount was sent to the emission fund contract and the POA Foundation was set as the receiver of the emission fund.

  • On May 9, 2020 Validators passed a vote to redistribute the emission fund, sending 0.5 POA to support POA Mania and 0.5 to the POA Foundation. The vote was enacted in block 15011232 (see BlockScout transaction for details). Per-block emissions are now distributed accordingly:

A total of 1,550,643 POA Tokens were burned when validators voted to burn the 3rd emission fund. These are not included in the total supply count. More information available here.

An amount of POA are locked in the POA20 bridge contract. This relates to circulating supply rather than total supply, and does not impact the current total supply amount. This amount is available here.

Initial Supply

POA's initial token supply at Core network launch was 252,460,800 POA. 70% of total POA was reserved for the presale, and the remaining 30% reserved for Founders, Foundation/Legal and Partners/Advisors.

  • 70% or 176,722,560 POA reserved for the token sale, all tokens were sold during the presale in 58 seconds.

  • 20% or 50,492,160 POA reserved for Founders/Foundation/Legal. Initial lock for six months and released over two years. The final lock was completed December 15, 2019.

  • 10% or 25,246,080 POA reserved for Partners and Advisors of POA Network.

The whitepaper has more information on POA token supply and emission mechanics.

Last updated