Comment on page
ERC20 Test Token Faucet
Create ERC20 FAU tokens on POA to test smart contracts and token transfer functionality
The faucet can quickly generate any number of FAU (FAUCET) tokens directly from a web interface. These tokens are then available for developers to test smart contract applications and any other token transfer functionality.
Check that your Web3 Wallet is connected to the POA Core
2) Click Connect.
3) Select Metamask.
Select Metamask as the Web3 Wallet
4) Once selected, the web interface will populate with your Address, Network and Balance information.
- 1) Select the Amount of tokens you would like to create.
- 2) Click the Mint Free Tokens button.
Select Amount and click Mint Free Tokens
4) Your web3 wallet interface should open. Check the transaction and click Submit to confirm. You will see a Success message if the transaction is successful.
Click Submit to confirm
5) The tokens have been minted on your address! To view them, you will need to add the Token Address to your wallet.
- A) Copy the Token Address, open your NiftyWallet, and click Add Token in the Tokens tab.
Click Add Token
- B) Select the Custom tab, and paste in the Token Address from the website. The Token Symbol and Decimals should populate automatically. Click Add.
- C) You should see your new FAU balance in the wallet. (Note there are 16 FAU tokens due to a previous balance of 11, and 5 were added through this transaction.)
FAU test tokens appear in the wallet
To mint FAU tokens on another network, such as the xDai Chain, simply switch the network you are connected to in your web3 wallet, and follow the process above.
This video shows the steps above using the POA network as a demo and a previous version of the ERC20 Token Faucet.