How to Swap
The video starts with a POA withdrawal from Binance. If you already have your POA tokens on an address, you can skip to minute 2:45 or so. The instructions use MetaMask, which is the recommended solution. Trust Wallet is not recommended, and we do not provide support for Trust Wallet issues. If needed, send funds from Trust Wallet to MetaMask to get started.
Swapping from POA on POA Network to STAKE on xDai is a 2 step process. Steps detailed below.
We recommend running through this process the first time using a small amount of POA (like 1-5 POA). Gas prices between POA and xDai are very inexpensive, so it is worth it do a test run first to understand and make sure everything works.
Best option is to use MetaMask, these instructions do not support TrustWallet. The easiest way to start is to create a MetaMask account and send funds to that account from Trustwallet to complete the swap.
- 3.Enter the amount of POA you want to bridge to WPOA. Note you need to reserve a very small amount to pay for gas.
- 4.Wrapped POA (WPOA) you will receive on xDai. 3 and 4 should match.
Click Transfer to start. (note: this will transfer to your same wallet address on the xDai chain. If you want to send to a different address on the xDai chain, you can use the Advanced feature. Be sure to triple check if you choose this option, as funds sent to the wrong address may not be recoverable).
You can view progress on the ALM monitor. The transfer should only take a few minutes to process between POA Network and the xDai Chain.
The following processes detail adding WPOA to your wallet. You can also confirm the transfer in Blockscout by pasting your address in the search bar and checking your tokens balance.If you don't want to add WPOA to view in your wallet, skip to section 2 swap WPOA to STAKE.Here we use Metamask as an example.
- 2.Go to Assets
- 3.Press Import Tokens
- 1.Add the WPOA Token Contract Address
0x9fe3864F9Ae7cfb5668Dae90C0e20c4C3D437664The remaining info should autopopulate.
- 2.Press Add Custom Token.
You should now see WPOA along with your balance.
- 1.Press Import Tokens to finalize
- 2.You will now see the amount of WPOA in your balance
Press Connect wallet.
In this example we use MetaMask connected to the xDai Chain. Note you must have MetaMask enabled in your extensions to see this option.
From this final screen you can:
- 1.View progress in BlockScout: Click Check the status here to see swap progress.
- 2.Add STAKE to MetaMask: Click to add the STAKE token to your MetaMask wallet.
- 4.Trade it for other tokens: Use the same DEXs on xDai to trade STAKE.