Likely you are not connected to the POA network.Ethereum and POA Network externally owned addresses can co-exist on multiple chains. Switch the network to Mainnet to see tokens on Ethereum, and switch to POA Network to see tokens on POA (or xDai to see your balances on the xDai chain).To switch networks in MetaMask, click on the Network dropdown to select. Note that POA and xDai are not native to MetaMask, so you will need to add them as custom networks. Instructions are below.
You can withdraw POA from Binance and send it to an external address that you control on the POA Network (an 0x wallet address that you have access to).Once it is on POA, follow the swap process outlined here.
3) Login to Binance and click Withdraw, withdraw crypto.
- 1.Select the POA Network Coin
- 2.Copy your wallet address from MetaMask
- 3.Paste into Address field
- 4.Select POA Network <see 2nd screenshot>
4) Continue by adding amount of POA and press Withdraw. Press Continue to proceed.
5) Verify security and Submit.
Valuations in your wallet may differ from what you receive when swapping. The rate for the swap is 466.6163443 POA per 1 STAKE, so the actual valuation is based on this rate.
Binance was responsible for nearly 100% of the trading volume for POA. Since it has been delisted, there is very little liquidity or trading options for the POA token.
Tracking varies between tracking services and is not likely accurate. Volume is very low and valuation may not reflect actual trade value or ability to trade.Primary price aggregators are here for reference.
POA20 is an ERC20 equivalent of POA that is on Ethereum rather than POA Network. There is a swapping application available for POA20 at https://poa-to-stake.poa.network/, select Ethereum network in the dropdown.
POA does not have a contract address, it is the native token on the POA network (like ETH is the native token on Ethereum). To send, you need to be on the POA network. If you swap to xDai, it will be wrapped POA (WPOA) on the xDai chain.
Here we use Metamask as an example.
- 2.Go to Assets
- 3.Press Import Tokens
- 1.Add the WPOA Token Contract Address
0x9fe3864F9Ae7cfb5668Dae90C0e20c4C3D437664The remaining info should autopopulate.
- 2.Press Add Custom Token.
You should now see WPOA along with your balance.
- 1.Press Import Tokens to finalize
- 2.You will now see the amount of WPOA in your balance
Not directly, but through the swap process you can transform POA into STAKE on xDai. On xDai, there are a number of DEXS where you can trade for other tokens like WBTC, WETH, USDC and many others.
If you prefer, you can bridge STAKE from xDai to Ethereum using the OmniBridge and trade there. However, note that there will be gas fees on Ethereum to complete the transfer. Depending on congestion, these can run into the hundreds of dollars. So plan accordingly if you want to move funds to Ethereum.
- 1.Send to ASCENDEX. This is the ONLY CEX (Centralized Exchange) that supports STAKE on xDai.
- 2.Stake it on POSDAO. If you have more than 200 Stake, you can use the staking application to stake it on POSDAO and earn rewards as a delegator.
- 4.Trade it for other tokens: Use the same DEXs on xDai to trade STAKE.
Trust wallet does not work well with the bridge and swap DApps, and we we recommend transferring from Trust Wallet to MetaMask to complete these operations (send from Trustwallet to a MetaMask address you control).
However, some users have accidentally sent POA to a POA ERC20 address on Trustwallet.In the Trust Wallet interface, it is possible to add the POA Network and POA ERC20 to the same Multiwallet. Under the hood, these have different addresses for receiving tokens.
Within the same Trust multiwallet there are multiple deposit addresses
Some users have accidentally sent funds to the POA20 address rather than the POA network address. In this case, you will not see the POA in your wallet.
These funds are recoverable. You will need to export the wallet where you sent the POA and import into Metamask.
To start, you will need your Mnemonic phrase. Since there can be multiple addresses connected to 1 phase, you will use the phrase to find the correct address. Access your Trust wallet mnemonic phrase here.
2) Select ETH in the coin dropdown (if you sent POA to a POA20 address). If you sent to a regular POA address select POA in the Coin field to export that address.
3) Scroll down to the Derived Addresses section to find your 0x address & private key. The first address listed should be the same address where you sent POA. Copy the Private Key.
Copy the Private Key
5) Add POA Network to your Metamask.