1) You cannot lose POA! All prizes come from the POA emission fund, not from participant deposits.
2) Deposits and withdrawals can be made at any time, except at the very end of a round. During the last ~7 minutes of a round a final RNG (Random Number Generator) round is completed where deposits and withdrawals are not allowed. This withdrawal/deposit restriction continues until the round is closed.
3) The minimum deposit amount is 100 POA. At all times, your balance must either be 100+ POA, or you must withdraw your entire deposit (e.g. you cannot withdraw 60 POA from a 120 POA balance, you can either withdraw up to 20 POA or withdraw the entire 120 POA balance).
4) The maximum deposit amount is 50,000 POA (on the POA Core network - 500k SPOA on Sokol). If winnings result in a balance that exceeds 50k POA, the entire amount may be withdrawn or reduced below 100k to enable deposits. No new deposits are allowed until the amount is reduced below 100k, however play may continue.
5) All participant funds are automatically rolled over to the next round unless withdrawn by a participant.
6) Prize pool winners are determined by two factors:
The amount of POA a participant places into the application
A random number generated on-chain
7) In each round, rewards are distributed as follows:
84.5% split among the 3 Round Winners
0.5% awarded to the Round Closer
15% added to the jackpot
8) Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each round. Winners split 84.5% of the total pool (known as the prize pool) in the following manner:
1st place: 50% of prize pool
2nd place: 30% of prize pool
3rd place: 20% of prize pool
9) The jackpot pool grows each round until it is won! 15% of the prize pool amount in each round is added to the jackpot. There is a 1% chance the jackpot will be won in any round, and individual participant odds of winning are based on the amount of POA placed in the application. It is possible for a participant to win both a prize and the jackpot in a single round - if they are very lucky!
10) Anyone can close a round (the Round Closer) after the countdown clock hits 00:00:00. However, rounds can only be closed during a commit phase, when random numbers are committed to the chain by validators. This occurs every ~100 seconds and continues for 100 seconds. More on POA randomness here.
11) Rounds are closed by clicking the Finish The Round button and completing the transaction. Rounds can only be closed when a commit phase is in progress. The Round Closer receives a prize (0.5% of the total pool amount) for closing a round. Note - anyone with enough POA can close a round, you do not need to participate in the lottery to be the Round Closer.
12) Want to participate?