POA Network is supported by TheGraph, a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying chain data. With TheGraph, data defined through subgraphs is easy to query and explore. Subgraphs can be created locally, or use a free hosted explorer for indexing and data display.
1) Go to Graph Explorer (https://thegraph.com/explorer/) and setup an account. You will need a GitHub account for authentication.
2) Go to your dashboard and click Add Subgraph. Define the subgraph Name, Account, and Subtitle and update the image and other info (you can update later) if desired.
3) Install Graph CLI on your machine (using either npm or yarn)
$ npm install -g @graphprotocol/graph-cli$ yarn global add @graphprotocol/graph-cli
4) Make a directory (or choose an existing one) and scaffold the project:
5) Enter your subgraph details at the prompts:
Subgraph name: <github_username>/<graph-name> Chose the subgraph name created in step 2 as lowercase-hypenated
Directory to create: Choose a directory name
Ethereum Network: Select poa-core
Contract address: Address of the contract you want to use. If verified in BlockScout, the graph will grab the ABI, otherwise you will need manually add the ABI
ABI file (path): path-to-abi.json
You can save the abi from BlockScout or by running
truffle compile or
solc on a public project. More info available here.
6) Authenticate with the hosted service
graph auth https://api.thegraph.com/deploy/ <your-access-token>
7) Cd to the directory you created and start defining the subgraph. Information on creating a subgraph is available in the Graph Docs.
8) When you are ready, deploy your subgraph. You can always test and redeploy as needed.